Latest News

Gaming Latest News:.......Fallout 4 released..... Call of Duty Black Ops III released..... Halo 5 released..... Battlefield Hardline available to EA Access members..... Forza Motorsport 6 released..... 

Clan Latest News:..... WHM Dragons Win FCL Premier league.... WHM Dragons beat Masters at Work 2-1 & Draw 1-1 to go top of the FCL Pro league..... Join the WHM Halo 5 Fireteam today..... Sign up to the WelshHardMen Destiny Clan..... 

Recent Posts

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
26/May/2018, 10:39:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Affiliates

Support the Clan and buy from:

Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 323636 times)

Offline WHM Jofftastic

• WHM Administrator
  • WHM 10000 Club
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • WHM Jofftastic might someday be someone...WHM Jofftastic might someday be someone...WHM Jofftastic might someday be someone...WHM Jofftastic might someday be someone...WHM Jofftastic might someday be someone...WHM Jofftastic might someday be someone...WHM Jofftastic might someday be someone...WHM Jofftastic might someday be someone...WHM Jofftastic might someday be someone...
  • Everybody Love Everybody
    • @Jofftastico
    • Jonathan Joff Davies
Xbox One
« Reply #3555 on: 21/April/2018, 08:23:18 PM »
Anyone else used Dolby Atmos?

I can’t believe how good the sound is with Atmos on with my new A50’s. It’s a world apart from the sound on the A40’s
Really impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline WHM S Reaper

• WHM 6000 Club
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.
    • WHM_Viper
    • iG_Reaper
Re: Xbox One
« Reply #3556 on: 21/April/2018, 09:10:21 PM »
Morgan bought A50 for Christmas, had nothing but trouble with them.

Ended up getting a refund and buying A40s instead.

Offline WHM Jofftastic

• WHM Administrator
  • WHM 10000 Club
  • WHM Jofftastic might someday be someone...WHM Jofftastic might someday be someone...WHM Jofftastic might someday be someone...WHM Jofftastic might someday be someone...WHM Jofftastic might someday be someone...WHM Jofftastic might someday be someone...WHM Jofftastic might someday be someone...WHM Jofftastic might someday be someone...WHM Jofftastic might someday be someone...
    • @Jofftastico
    • Jonathan Joff Davies
Xbox One
« Reply #3557 on: 22/April/2018, 07:23:57 AM »
What trouble did he have? Have you tried the Dolby Atmos demo?

Offline WHM Aartwood

• WHM 2500 Club
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • WHM Aartwood is decidedly boring.WHM Aartwood is decidedly boring.WHM Aartwood is decidedly boring.WHM Aartwood is decidedly boring.WHM Aartwood is decidedly boring.
    • @CraigWoodhams
    • http://www.facebook.com/craigjameswoodhams
« Reply #3558 on: 22/April/2018, 10:10:23 AM »
Morgan bought A50 for Christmas, had nothing but trouble with them.

Ended up getting a refund and buying A40s instead.

Is that the same trouble he had while on destiny and PUBG?

Offline Dcontrol

• WHM 600 Club
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Dcontrol And you are?.
    • Dcontrol
    • Dcontrol
    • howardjones007
  • Steam: Dcontrol
« Reply #3559 on: 22/April/2018, 12:09:05 PM »
I've had the Astro A50's for a while now & I've had no problems with them.  In Destiny 2 the headset audio will work as normal but the microphone doesn't as it's classed as a USB microphone.  It will not work in game chat, only party chat.  I've had the odd occasion where I've turned the xbox on and then the headset and didn't have sound but you can easily reboot it within about 10 seconds and it resyncs and works again.  I've done that probably 3 times max but apart from that they've worked flawlessly unlike the Turtle Beach Stealth 700's I had previously which were bloody rubbish.

For anyone with A50's that wants to know how to use dolby atmos then download the dolby access app on the xbox then do this.

Quote from: Astro Gaming
The Xbox One Base Station and both versions of the A50 Wireless Headset will deliver Atmos and Sonic through PC and Xbox One. As with the MixAmp Pro TR, you will need to disable Dolby on your A50 Wireless + Base Station, as you only want the audio processing done by either Atmos or Sonic. You will also need to adjust the Bitstream format and Headset Audio features in your Xbox One settings.
« Last Edit: 22/April/2018, 12:32:28 PM by Dcontrol »

Offline WHM Jofftastic

• WHM Administrator
  • WHM 10000 Club
    • @Jofftastico
    • Jonathan Joff Davies
Xbox One
« Reply #3560 on: 22/April/2018, 02:02:27 PM »
It’s defo worth doing. I was really surprised at the sound improvement. Gears 4 sound is awesome. Loads of stuff on Netflix is Atmos now too

Offline Dcontrol

• WHM 600 Club
  • Dcontrol And you are?.
    • Dcontrol
    • Dcontrol
    • howardjones007
« Reply #3561 on: 22/April/2018, 02:24:07 PM »
Yeah I agree Joff.  Even on normal headphones it makes them sound tons better.  I bought dolby atmos once the trial ran out because it was a good experience overall.  It takes a while getting used to it compared to the other sound settings I use on my Astros but I can switch between what I want depending on the game.

Offline WHM S Reaper

• WHM 6000 Club
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.WHM  S Reaper Legend in the making.
    • WHM_Viper
    • iG_Reaper
« Reply #3562 on: 22/April/2018, 06:20:53 PM »
Is that the same trouble he had while on destiny and PUBG?

Yep, just played up all the time.

Mic wouldnt work on occasions, then hed charge them fully and theyd run out after 20 minutes.

Offline Dcontrol

• WHM 600 Club
  • Dcontrol And you are?.
    • Dcontrol
    • Dcontrol
    • howardjones007
« Reply #3563 on: 22/April/2018, 08:52:40 PM »
Well they can be quite fiddly on times to put on the charging station (especially after a drink) but usually I get it right.  As long as the orange light comes on you know they are charging.  I have never gone below the second battery indicator bar but they claim it's anywhere between a 12-15 hour battery life.  With the mic I just put it up to mute it and then back down as that usually fixes it or I reboot the headset.  Shame he seems to have experienced a faulty unit.  I love being totally wireless though.  The amount of times I've hit the chat wire out of controllers is probably in the hundreds.....
« Last Edit: 23/April/2018, 10:27:43 AM by Dcontrol »

Offline WHM Jofftastic

• WHM Administrator
  • WHM 10000 Club
    • @Jofftastico
    • Jonathan Joff Davies
Xbox One
« Reply #3564 on: 22/April/2018, 11:10:45 PM »
Yeah I’ve had no problems so far. Im really impressed. No catching the mic lead in my belly fat anymore :)

Hope more games come out with Atmos because it’s a huge difference